Thursday, May 30, 2013

"Do right, but not right now"

I was listening to Pandora today and I heard a song that I have heard countless times before but for some reason it just stuck with me today. This is the end of the chorus:


She says "I wanna do right , but not right now"
Oh, I want do right but not right now

How sad is this? And how common is this? I can't tell you how many people I know who say this same thing. Some without realizing it, and others it is a very conscious decision to live the way they want to while they are young. They plan on growing up and becoming a responsible adult with awesome relationships. What they are not realizing is that they are postponing what would ultimately satisfy them. 

Any of you that really know me know that I am crazy about analogies. Most of my analogies have something to do with gymnastics, but I am proud to say that I have an analogy for this scenario that has absolutely nothing to do with gymnastics! It would be like winning the lottery, but instead of spending the money, you say to yourself, "I think I will just wait until I get a little older, then I can settle down and really enjoy the money." How crazy is that? Who would do that? I know I personally have an entire plan for what I would do if I ever won the lottery (not that I have ever even bought a ticket).  

Why not live the life you want now? Why not be who you want to be now? Don't waist time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment